Financial Aid

Director: Joni Wilkinson, (601) 276-3708,

Southwest MS Community College is a low-cost, locally controlled institution; therefore, students wishing to attend should not let financial reasons prevent them from doing so. Through one or a combination of aid, all students having need should be able to acquire the necessary funds.

Financial aid is the economic assistance available to help students meet the difference between what they can reasonably be expected to pay and what it will cost to go to college. This economic assistance may be in the form of scholarships, grants, work-study jobs, veteran's assistance, or a combination of any of these programs.

All federal aid programs available require that the student demonstrate a financial need. To determine this need, the college requires the student to submit a financial aid application with the U.S. Department of Education. All students should apply for federal aid even if you feel you may not qualify. The website address is is a free application. If the student is asked to pay a fee to process their application, they are on the incorrect website. Southwest MS Community College's federal aid code is 002436. Top priority is given to students who submit a completed application by July 1; although, all eligible students will receive aid. Awards will be granted to the applicants showing the greatest need. After submitting the application online, students should contact the Financial Aid Office to complete the required paperwork. Students should apply as soon as possible before the term in which they plan to enroll in order to secure aid.

Further Assistance

If you should have questions or concerns which are not covered by the content of this website, please refer to the course catalog, or contact Financial Aid at (601) 276-3707; our office is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to assist you in any way.

To speak directly with a financial aid counselor, refer to the table below:

Last Name Contact Phone Email
A-G Tammy Cain (601) 276-3707
H-M Stacey Hodges (601) 276-4805

N-Z Surbrina Cameron (601) 276-4804


Special Note: Currently, our institution does not participate in the federal student loan program; however, you can independently get a private loan or non-certified loan to help pay for your educational expenses if you meet the lender's requirements.