Summer Pell Grant Information
For the first time since 2011, Southwest Mississippi Community College, along with colleges across the nation, announce the reinstatement of year-round Pell Grants. Students who are eligible to receive Federal Pell Grant Funds can now use an additional 50% of their 2017-2018 eligibility to cover summer expenses, totaling 150% for the current aid year. Students must meet the following Department of Education Requirements in order to be eligible to receive the additional funding.
- The student must have a 2017-2018 FAFSA on file with the Office of Financial Aid at Southwest Mississippi Community College.
- The student must be in an eligible degree program at Southwest Mississippi Community College for the summer 2018 term.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress will be measured for the Spring 2018 term in May. If The student did not successfully complete the spring 2018 semester, they will not be entitled to summer federal aid. If eligibility is lost, the student will be responsible for payment out of pocket.
- In order to receive Federal Pell Grant for the Summer 2018 term, the student must enroll and stay registered in at least 6 credit hours to be considered for eligibility.
- If the student drops below the required 6 credit hour minimum, Federal Pell Grant will be removed from the student account and the he/she will be responsible for payment in full to Southwest Mississippi Community College.
- If for any reason it is determined that the student is not eligible for financial aid, he/she will be completely responsible for all educational expenses for the summer 2018 term at Southwest Mississippi Community College.
To contact the Office of Admissions/Registrar’s Office directly, please call us at 601-276- 2001 or email us at email@example.com.
For additional information about summer Pell Grant, contact Financial Aid at (601) 276-3707; our office is open Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday 8:00a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to assist you in any way.
To speak directly with a financial aid counselor, refer to the table below:
|A-F||Tammy Cain||(601) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|G-N||Stacey Hodges||(601) email@example.com|
|O-Z||Surbrina Cameron||(601) firstname.lastname@example.org|