Mission and Goals
Institutional Mission Statement
Southwest Mississippi Community College provides academic, technical, and continuing education, meeting the diverse needs of the population at a reasonable cost. SMCC promotes community services and promotes economic development through consultative and workforce training.
- To provide a two-year college transfer program applicable to a bachelor’s degree.
- To provide career and technical programs leading to employment or skills enhancement.
- To provide programs enabling students to overcome specific deficiencies and achieve success.
- To provide curricula, instruction, guidance, extracurricular activities, and other support services enhancing student development.
- To provide facilities, technology, methodology, and staff sustaining an appropriate environment conducive to learning.
- To provide lifelong learning opportunities.
- To provide facilities and services supporting cultural, educational, and economic needs.
- To publicize offerings of the institution and the opportunities it affords.